Who will benefit?
The tax incentives will benefit:
- innovative companies
- venture capital funds.
What are the tax incentives?
Tax breaks will be given to investors who support innovative startups, including:
- A 20% non-refundable tax offset on investment capped at $200,000 per investor, per year.
- Modified capital gains tax for qualifying investments held for at least 12 months and less than ten years.
New arrangements for Venture Capital Limited Partnerships will:
- improve access to capital
- make investing in venture capital more user-friendly
- make investing internationally competitive.
Find out more…
- Check out the Australian Taxation Office’s website - Tax incentive for early stage (angel) investors.